Email

Email your Comments and Questions to: thenakedtruthforwomen@yahoo.com

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Emasculating Men

When Robin Quivers of The Howard Stern Show takes personal responsibility for how she's treated men over the years and how it's negatively affected her relationships then there's hope for men everywhere.

Robin then asked to have the floor on the show this morning: “I have something to report. I have something to say to all of you, as a matter of fact.” Howard laughed nervously: “Uh oh. It’s usually not good when you get that lecturing [tone].” Robin knew what he meant: “That is indicative of why I have something to say to you. You immediately think you’re in trouble.” To that end, Robin explained how she has taken a vow: “I took an oath this weekend that I would never emasculate any man ever again...I want you to keep me honest.” 
 
Robin said she’d spent the weekend in Boston at Allison Armstong’s “Celebrating Men, Satisfying Women” workshop: “What I learned this weekend was that I’ve been emasculating men--especially the men I love. All of you!--most of my life. Probably all of my life. [I’m] probably like the expert of emasculating men. And I want to apologize to all of you. I’m treating you as if you need to be controlled.” Howard hoped for the best: “I’m not getting involved in this latest thing because it will only backfire.” 
 
I came across Allison's website some time ago and found it remarkably self aware and every bit worth exploring for all women. Please check her out. Even if you don't think you need any advice in this area you still may find it an interesting read.