Email

Email your Comments and Questions to: thenakedtruthforwomen@yahoo.com

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Great Expectations

The more I talk to women the more I keep hearing from them is to not have any expectations when going out with someone for the first time. They say, "Don't be too excited about it".  They argue that this type of thinking avoids getting hurt if things don't go well.  Of course, I have a different theory.

Right off the bat, if you're not excited about going out with me why should I be?  If you're not Al Pacino ready to give me all you got it then there's no reason for us to be talking, let alone going out.

Al Pacino has the right attitude. Don't waste my time.


I realize that's a bit harsh, but the truth is when I ask women if I should be excited when they say "Yes" to going out with me they tell me "No. I want to feel like you have something else going on." Huh? Exsqueeze me? Baking Powder?

I hear it over and over from women. They prefer the "I don't give a shit attitude" rather than the "I can't wait to go out with you" one. It makes no sense. And is completely illogical.

Maybe women don't want to feel the pressure of living up to expectations that a man may have for them. Well, that's the man's problem, not yours. If I ask you out and you say yes, I'm going to expect to have a great time with you. Otherwise, why would I want to even bother with you if I didn't think we'd have a good time together? I value my time. And if I choose to spend it with you then it means something.  If you're not super excited to go out with me then don't bother saying 'Yes'. Remember, guys only ask girls out when they're interested in them. They're not trying to figure "it" out.

Any guy that acts like he doesn't care if he goes out with you really doesn't care.  And if he's just "pretending" not to care then he's a dishonest and far more likely to cheat on you type of guy.  So, if that's what you want from a man then expect to get what you deserve.

Instead of lowering your expectations, you should be raising them. Stop settling for less and demand more, from yourself and whoever is asking you out. The greater the expectation the greater the passion. And isn't that what matters most? Passion. If you keep telling yourself, and the men who pursue you, not to care, then neither will your heart....or his.