Email

Email your Comments and Questions to: thenakedtruthforwomen@yahoo.com

Thursday, March 7, 2013

The 7 Deadly Sins - #5 Wrath

Rage. Anger. Hatred. Whatever the cause of such an outbreak of this negative and nasty disposition is not nearly as critical as what to do about all this built up resentment and frustration?

Thornton Mellon had the answer: Do not go gentile into that good night. And don't take shit from no one...especially from the opposite sex.  For purposes of this blog I'm going to reserve all these emotions that compose "Wrath"  for our feelings toward, well, the opposite sex. If only they were as easy to dismiss as Rodney barks in this infamous scene in his 80's classic film "Back to School." It's something I struggle with on a daily basis. At times, I've tried to redirect my wrath and use it as motivation to be a better person, more successful, find things that will allow me to smile, rather than frown. None of this really seems to work. 

A more useful tool may be to look at the Virtue for Wrath which is "Patience". And forgiveness. If you can learn to forgive whoever made you angry that's a peaceful step in the right direction.  Until you manage to justify and accept whatever brought wrath on, you will never be able to move past it.

I'm hopeful that one day my internal anger I still feel toward some females whose behaviors deeply affected me will eventually pass. Remember, this too shall pass, eventually. Patience and forgiveness are the two most important paths to inner peace. That, and reminding myself "not to take shit from no one."